Looking for a way to use up some of that leftover holiday turkey? Look no further than our Texas Turkey.
3 Texas Red Grapefruit
2 cups cooked, chopped turkey or chicken
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 tablespoons sliced green onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 drops hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1. Halve 2 of the grapefruit.
2. With curved knife, loosen and remove sections to bowl.
3. Squeeze remaining juice; reserve for another use.
4. Pull out and discard membrane from shell. Arrange shells on tray.
5. Add remaining ingredients to bowl; toss to blend.
6. Spoon salad into shells, dividing evenly.
7. Peel and section remaining grapefruit; use sections for garnish. Chill until serving time. Makes around 4 servings.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Calories-340; Fat-20g; Cholesterol-90mg; Sodium-2020mg; Carbohydrate-24g; Protein-20g