- 1 Texas Rio Star grapefruit
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed Texas Rio Star grapefruit juice
- 1 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 9-inch graham cracker piecrust* (recipe follows)
- Fresh mint sprigs, optional garnish
Peel and section grapefruit. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat 3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool.
In large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream, dissolved gelatin and grapefruit juice; beat well. Stir in whipped cream. Pour into prepared piecrust. Chill until firm, about 4 hours. Top with grapefruit sections and fresh mint.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 24 graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter and mix well. Mixture will resemble coarse sand.
Press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated 350° F. oven. Cool completely before adding filling.
*Substitute a purchased graham cracker piecrust if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.