- Oriental Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- ¼ pound fresh snow peas or sugar snaps, trimmed
- 3 heads Belgian endive
- 3 Texas Red Grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 to 1 ¼ pounds cooked, peeled and deveined medium shrimp, chilled
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
Prepare Oriental Vinaigrette; set aside. In a medium saucepan, plunge snow peas into boiling water; boil 1 minute. Plunge peas into ice water to stop further cooking; drain and pat dry. Trim base of large endive leaves to lay flat. On 4 individual dinner plates, arrange 5 endive leave in spoke fashion. In between endive, arrange 2 to 3 pepper strips. Place 1 to 2 Texas Red Grapefruit sections over pepper strips and the snow peas on the endive. Place shrimp in centers of plates; garnish shrimp with scallions. Serve with Oriental Vinaigrette.
- 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice (optional)
Combine ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Mix well. Makes about ½ cup.
Nutrition Per Serving: Calories-420; Fat-21g; Cholesterol-170mg; Sodium-250mg; Carbohydrate-36g; Protein-27g