- 2 Texas Red Grapefruit
- ½ pound fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- *Rio-Poppy Seed Vinaigrette recipe
Finely grate 1 ½ teaspoons peel from orange; set aside for salad dressing. Peel and section grapefruit over a bowl, reserving juice for salad dressing. Combine grapefruit sections, spinach and strawberries in a bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately with Rio Poppy Seed Vinaigrette.
Rio Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- ½ cup fat free red wine vinegar dressing
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely grated fresh Texas Orange peel
- ¼ cup Texas Red Grapefruit Juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
Combine all ingredients in the container of an electric blender. Cover and blend well. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
Makes 4 (323 g.) servings, each: 210 calories, 1.5 gm. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 450 mg. sodium and 5 gm. dietary fiber.