- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup sugar
- dash salt
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 to 3 Texas Red Grapefruit
- 1 Texas orange, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup halved frozen strawberries or thinly sliced apple
- salad greens
- *dressing (recipe follows)
In small saucepan, mix gelatin, sugar, salt, and cold water. Dissolve over low heat. Combine in bowl with gingerale and lemon juice. Chill until syrupy. Meanwhile, cut off skin and white membrane from grapefruit using serrated knife. Remove sections, discarding membrane. Measure 1-½ cups sections. Stir all fruits into syrupy gelatin mixture. Pour into 1 quart mold. Chill firm. Unmold on platter lined with greens. Pass dressing. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Per Serving: Calories-126; Fat-.21g; Protein-2.37g; Carbohydrates-31.29g; Fiber-2.78g
In small bowl blend one cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons lime juice and ¼ teaspoon cardamon. Makes 1 cup.