- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Texas Red Grapefruit peel (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups Texas Red Grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Combine sugar and water in a saucepan; cook and stir just until sugar dissolves. Stir in grapefruit peel and juices. Cool and store in a covered container in refrigerator. For one serving of Citrus-Ade, combine, 1/2 cup of concentrated base and ¾ cup cold water; stir well. Add Citrus Cubes or ice; serve very cold. Yield: 2 1/2 cups base.
Makes 5 servings.
Nutrition Per Serving: Calories-200; Fat-0g; Cholesterol-0mg; Sodium-0mg; Carbohydrate-52g; Protein-0g
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups Texas Red Grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup Texas Orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated grapefruit peel
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
Combine sugar and water in a saucepan; cook; stirring frequently, about 10 minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved. Add juices and peel. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
Yield: about 52 cubes.
Nutrition Per Cube: Calories-35; Fat-0g; Cholesterol-0mg; Sodium-0mg; Carbohydrate-9g; Protein-0g